Controlling Your Success No Matter What the Circumstance
I’ve had a hell of a year-professionally and personally but if there is one thing I’m learning it’s to keep my eye on the prize. Life will always throw us a fast ball when we least expect it but if we manage our time and emotions properly there isn’t anything we can’t overcome. As I reassess and get back on track…I realize that we can all benefit from the “Back to the Basics” facts in a sales driven organization.
1. Prioritize and focus on the things that give you the biggest bang for your buck. As a producing manager that’s setting my team up for success by making sure they are working closest to the money-and doing the same for myself. For a sales person it may be calling your warm leads you’ve been sitting on. All things being equal-do the thing you hate the most first-it’s likely to be the one thing that makes you money. Make those cold calls etc.,
2. Stop trying to plan for the day. I don’t know about you but when I plan for my day-everything goes the exact opposite of what I planned. As recruiters/sales people in a client services business, we have little control in human capital management-everything goes and things change in a heartbeat. I’ve learned that a general “action item list” is much better than a plan that I can’t control. It feels good to cross things off the list-no matter what time of the day those things are accomplished.
3. Learn to say NO. Don’t take on more than you can handle. Control your day and your work load. Learn the difference between what is urgent and what is important. Schedule your day with more proactive money making activities and less reactive busy work. Busy doesn’t always mean you’re making money.
We are fortunate to be in an industry where we literally control our ability to make money.
4. Check your personal baggage at the door-There will always be personal situations to deal with. Allowing life’s rollercoaster to tap into our ability to make money can only lead to more personal problems. Be diligent and protect your financial goals because no one else will do it for you.
5. Finally-Have a vision! We become what we focus the most on. So focus on positivity, create your roadmap to success and see it unfold-one productive day at a time.
Parallel HR Solutions, Inc.