Our client, a world leader in client and employee recognition services and programs, is looking for an SAP Project Manager.
With years of business success behind them, our client is poised for continued growth and advancement and is looking for the best of the best to help them attain it. Their success can be attributed to their belief in putting life back into the workplace through individual empowerment, their entrepreneurial culture and their values.
So if you have the drive to be the best, as well as work for the best, plus want to work with the latest technologies, amazing people and get a competitive compensation package with fantastic benefits while doing so, we need to talk.
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
• Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
• Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
• Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
• Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
• Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
• Manages project budget.
• Identifies business development and “add-on” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
• Holds regular status meetings with project team.
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Accountability: (Primary deliverables of role; its scope; impact on strategy, policy, business or people relationships)
• Personal responsibility for the overall effectiveness of the project.
• Ensure appropriate project staffing with the required skills to fulfil project requirements.
• Personal responsibility for establishing timelines and insuring they are met.
• Personal responsibility for using agile best practices and the tools that are the most effective for the business.
• Develop a flexible project team that can to respond to changing business needs.
• Responsibility for meeting with IT management and the business to ensure project goals are being met.
Complexity: (Degree of change & uncertainty; level of influencing required; degree of matrix working)
• Possesses general knowledge of SAP products and how they work together.
• Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
• Significant influencing and networking skills required to deliver needed QA results.
• Very good management skills to coordinate and allocate resources.
• Excellent understanding of the client’s business and the IT systems supporting it.
• All around knowledge of how the various IT applications communicate and interact.
• Possesses a thorough understanding of the client’s capabilities.
Specialized Knowledge and Required Skills: (Breadth & depth across disciplines or functions; expertise in field required)
• Wide knowledge of SAP, specifically ECC6, Hybris, Business Objects, and Netweaver
• The job holder must have a comprehensive understanding of agile project management standards and procedures.
• Wide business process knowledge of the client’s offerings.
• Strong leadership skills to coordinate all project activities.
• All-round understanding of accounts receivables, accounts payable, general ledger, chart of accounts, item master, invoicing, supply chain, manufacturing, order to cash, eCommerce, and other core business functions supported by SAP.
• Good understanding of application development methodology.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to evaluate new PM tools and concepts and implement them when appropriate.
• Capability to be innovative and seek new approaches to old problems.
• Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork abilities, combined with excellent negotiation and communication skills (within both IT and Business communities).
• Development and mentoring of staff.
• Excellent Documentation skills.
Job Success Measures:
• Business value delivered on time, on budget within previously defined scope.
• Development standards followed.
• Simplification of systems to provide the enterprise more agility
• Ownership for rejecting components that are not fully ready for production.
• Increased business and customer confidence in the deployment process that components moved to production are fully implemented and of high quality.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org