Hiring a Lead QA & Release Engineer in New York, NY
As Lead QA & Release Engineer, this resource will work closely with our product and engineering teams. You will be present during all phases of the product lifecycle to ensure that new features are delivered defect free and in a timely manner. You will also work on devising automated and manual scripts, work with integrated build systems, and proactively identify issues for each set of deliverables to ensure they meet or exceed expectations and contain no regressions. You would be a critical component of an exceptional technology team who deliver a variety of digital experiences for ou client’s TV Nets sites, mobiles apps, and global, responsive publishing platforms.
• Build up a leading edge QA practice. Select best tools for QA environment and define workflows for defect-free releases.
• Own Selenium test automation framework. Design, develop, execute, and maintain automated test scripts.
• Investigate test and production failures, perform root-cause analysis and create detailed, high-quality error reports.
• Work closely with Product Management and design to understand requirements. QA regress test changes during the last 3 days of each Sprint. Manage manual testing if needed.
• Coordinate product deployments to production environment, including migration and rollback plan. Script and automate when appropriate.
• Ensure proper sign offs and notifications to stakeholders. Schedule and communicate maintenance windows.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 3 years in QA or DevOps, with at least 1 year directing automation/testing practice
• Experience writing selenium tests a major plus
• Knowledgeable about programming concepts needed to write code to test a web application. Understands the difference between integration and acceptance tests
• Excellent communication and coordination skills across multiple teams
• Experience with Jira or other bug and issue tracking tools, Git or other Source Code Management, and Agile development
• Ability to specify acceptance criteria for a product and write tests around acceptance criteria
• Is EXCITED to develop tests and work toward a functional, strong CI testing suite
• Good understanding of server and cloud computing technologies from providers such as AWS and Rackspace
• Experience in supporting a QA practice for very high traffic web assets
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org