Hiring a software Engineer Test l in Midvale, UT
Our client, a pioneer in customer interaction and contact center software, is looking for a Software Engineer in Test I. The Software Engineer in Test I accelerates the delivery and improves the quality of our client’s products. This position is responsible for designing and implementing build and test infrastructure, creating and enforcing good engineering practices, and evaluating product quality for various external and/or internal inContact products. The primary responsibility for a Software Engineer Test will be to work with the development and test engineering teams to create new test harnesses, automate testing, implement new automation tools and create innovative automated test systems. These test systems explore and validate the functional correctness, performance capabilities, and resource usage of our software, as well as their interaction with other inContact systems and infrastructure.
This Is What You’ll Get To Do:
- Build advanced automated test suites to exercise our world-class applications.
- Develop and execute a complete test strategy for assigned products and features including verification of functionality, performance, security and scalability
- Work with the development and test engineering teams to automate testing.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies.
- Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system.
- Communicate QA results, risks and project status to management team as well as other stake holders
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Follow and execute on team-specified “done” criteria for testing stories
- Continuously streamline and improve the testing life cycle to ensure test planning, execution, and reporting are effective, agile, and coordinated
- Interact closely with developers offering suggestions and ideas for improving the quality of products
- Analyze testing results to enhance future test plans and scenarios. (Including metrics and benchmarks to gauge improvement)
- Pro-active investigation/verification of production defects and continuous improvement of regression tests
- Create automated testing scripts using Microsoft Coded UI, Selenium, or other tools as required
- Create QA tasks in TFS and monitor individual burn-downs to ensure completion
- Identify log, track and report bugs to QA management and development team as well as accurately report hours in TFS
- Become a subject matter expert with the client’s product(s).
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with everyone they interact with, internally and externally.
Successful Candidates Will Have The Following:
- BS in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience required
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience, including development and/or test automation experience
- Understanding of SQL and SQL Server Management Studio
- Understanding of software design and programming in C#, Java, or a similar coding language
- Understanding of QA practices and policies.
- Experience with the following types of testing:
- Data validation
- MS Office experience
- Understanding of the SDLC in an agile environment.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Good scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl, Shell).
- Experience with Telecommunications
- Experience with VOIP Technology
- Ability to work independently and self-manage projects
- Familiarity with .NET 3.5/4.0 and above
Please send resume to email@example.com