Hiring a Sr. DevOps Engineer in Draper, UT
December 21st, 2015
What You Need for this Position
- Strong scripting experience in one or more of Groovy, Bash Shell, Python
- Hands on experience with build, automation, and productions tools like Jenkins
- Strong understanding of SQL administration, replication and query optimization (MySQL)
- Strong understanding of both Windows Server and Linux systems
- Strong Administration knowledge of Linux based OSs, especially CentOS/Redhat 6.x or higher.
- Understanding of JAVA/JVM stack and deploying WAR files.
- Understanding of Hybrid Cloud concepts.
- Understanding of Virtualization, including public clouds like AWS.
- Performance tuning and monitoring using tools
- Self-starter with a strong ability to use initiative and work autonomously under tight commercially sensitive deadlines
Ideally BS or BA in related field (IS/IT) or equivalent experience
If you are a DevOps, What You Will Be Doing
- Build automation and deployment using Gradles & Jenkins
- Perform QA and Production software builds and deployments
- Maintenance of core development, QA, and production platforms and systems
- Work to test and troubleshoot upgrades to core production software
- i.e. Tomcat Upgrades, Java Upgrades, MySQL Upgrades…etc
- Primary resource for infrastructure related systems and projects
- Ensure that platforms are highly available, reliable, and performant
- Work with Colocation facility on improving uptime and implementing better failover, load balancing…etc
- Will be required to work occasional evenings and weekend hours to support production releases and resolve system issues and planned system maintenance with On Call Duties
- Developer Support
- Provides operational support to developers and QA