Hiring a Database Developer in New York, NY
Our client is the largest residential real estate firm in New York City, and is looking for a full time Database Developer with experience working on large scale websites and web applications. The Database Developer plans, coordinates and implements security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage or modification. This role is responsible for developing and adhering to standards and guidelines to facilitate the use of software to protect vulnerable information.
- 3+ years working as a database engineer or a related role.
- Expert Level SQL Skills to create Stored Procedures, functions, triggers, views to provide custom functionality as per the business requirements.
- Ability to create Normalized/de-normalized database schemas utilizing data modeling discipline.
- Recent Experience with Sql server 2012/2014.
- Knowledge of Database design Principles, index management, integrity checks, statistics and Isolation Levels.
- Ability to perform ETL operations/reporting from multiple sources including internal, external using Microsoft BI Tools (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS).
- Demonstrated ability to implement/troubleshoot Backup solutions and Database security, User management, Data Maintenance tasks.
- Demonstrated ability in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization using Sql Server Native tools (DTA, Profiler, and System Stored Procs, DMV`s, DMF`s).
- Familiar with Xml, API, Json, and RevenDB would be a Plus.
- Ability to create SQL reports.
- Responsible for writing, troubleshooting complex T-SQL code for generating reports to be utilized by internal applications and reporting tools.
- Design, create, and enhance stored procedures, triggers and database schemas.
- Develop and test new SSIS/SSRS packages to meet business needs
- Handle requests from Business for data import and export.
- Manage all aspects of database access, backup, and disaster recovery issues.
- Work with the software development team on application-specific database needs.
- Maintains database documentation and security. Performs back-ups and restores and assists with disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- Maintain and enhance the existing data Imports, exports, and reports
- Perform checks on Import and exports to ensure exceptional Data quality.
- Provide standardization and consistency across environments
- Automate multi-database script deployment and versioning
- Analyze and manage database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
- Database troubleshooting and performance monitoring.
- University degree in the field of computer science or related field.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server would be a plus.
Please send resume to email@example.com