Hiring a director of Network Engineering & Systems Administration in Midvale, UT
Our client, a pioneer in customer interaction and contact center software, is looking for a Director of Network Engineering & Systems Administration. The Director of Network Engineering & Systems Administration manages a team responsible for high available systems supporting cloud delivery services and is primarily responsible for enterprise-wide administration, operability of the production and lab environments and comprehensive network migration. This position manages uptime in accordance with business objectives, develops and enforces guidelines relative to maintenance windows and change control processes, plus creates and maintains documentation and SOP’s in accordance with business objectives and controls. ?
- Primarily responsible for global systems performance and availability. Manage design, implementation and maintenance of Windows/Linux global cloud-based servers infrastructure
- Responsible for the health and operability of all systems, network elements and OS and relative applications in the Production and Lab environments.
- Create, maintain and communicate computing and network standards, procedures and policies. Create and maintain technical documentation, diagrams and standard operating procedures.
- Asset / inventory management
- Server hardware and software lifecycle management
- Understand the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the environment and evaluate the impact of changes or additions to the environment.
- Provides a support structure for related departments and assists in the deployment of new technologies or products as needed.
- Acts as a local expert for areas of domain and network expertise.
- Applies strong analysis, research and problem-solving skills across a wide array of systems and situations, including those which may be unfamiliar, in order to address critical issues.
- Manage local and remote Systems Administration teams, provide leadership through coaching, feedback, development goals and performance management.
- Manage department activities relating to systems administration, installation, patch management, user administration, monitoring, tuning, trouble shooting, asset tracking and data center management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience required. MSCA, MCSE or CCNA required
- 8+ years of experience in Windows Server administration preferable in cloud-based service delivery environments
- 4+ years managing Linux based platforms
- 4+ years managing largely distributed virtualized environments preferable using VMware.
- Extensive experience managing SAN/NAS platforms3+ years experience in managing high performing teams
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Domains, Active Directory, DNS
- Experience using imaging software Foundation in Layer-2 and Layer-3 switching
- Experience managing and supervising system administration and network teams?
- Excellent “client-centric” communication skills
- Prior comprehensive infrastructure migration experience from a Windows Environment to Cloud Provider Environment
- Experience with Cassandra (or other NoSQL Databases), Docker and AWS
- Experience with Chef and Puppet
- Experience with Enterprise Data and Voice Networks in a Cloud Environment