Hiring a Director – Tax Operations in South Jordan, UT
Our client, a global leader in finance and wealth management, is looking for a highly motivated Director – Tax Operations. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing team expansion and growth within the global Tax Operations for cross-divisional operational utility that supports Retail, Institutional, and Corporate business lines. Tax Operations is responsible for ensuring compliance with IRS Regulations related to US tax withholding, reporting, and filing obligations across our client’s Retail and Institutional based clients and legal entities. Tax Operations works closely with senior Business Unit representatives and Financial Advisors, providing an in-depth client service role to insure that all tax related inquiries are addressed on a timely basis.
The successful candidate will also have a strong working knowledge and experience in the US Tax Operations space as it relates to tax documentation, compliance, forms reporting, and regulatory filings.
Tax Withholding Analyses
Tax Reporting (Client and Legal Entity level)
Tax Account Reconciliations
Tax Compliance (B/C notices – docs expirations – etc…)
Client Service – daily call center at rules level and account specific inquiries.
Project Management (Change The Bank) – FATCA, Cost Basis
• Oversee, manage and direct all functions and processes for a team within the Tax Operations division.
• Monitor all IRS Regulations, updates, and alerts.
• Partner and liaison with other senior members of the client’s Corporate Tax and Tax Operations divisions on all IRS matters impacting Tax Operations regulatory responsibilities.
• Monitor Tax Operational processes and procedures for compliance.
• In depth technical knowledge of IRS Regulations
• Strong working knowledge of current IRS regulations requiring operational process changes
• FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliant Act)
• Cost Basis
• Extensive knowledge with NRA and Backup withholding, client gain/loss calculations and cost basis reporting, 1099 / 1042s reporting, 945 / 1042 filings.
• Ability to address client tax related issues requiring immediate tax technical opinions and rules interpretations.
• Diverse product background as it relates to US Regulatory compliance and withholding/reporting rules across cash and derivative transactions.
• 4+ years management experience in Tax Advisory, Tax Legal, Tax Operations or similar experience with US Tax Withholding & Reporting regulations.
• Strong leadership and supervisory skills – Staff management experience.
• Ability to research and interpret IRS regulations and publications.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of staff and senior management.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced Tax Operations environment
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org