Hiring a Java Team Lead in Salt Lake City, UT
Our cutting edge client is a leader in the E-Commerce world and puts an emphasis on hiring passionate engineers and surrounding them with all of the tools and resources needed to be successful including engagement with regular hackathons and engineering meet-ups. A Java Team Lead is responsible for leading a team through successful completion of software projects. This requires ownership and management of project schedules, work breakdown, resource allocation, and tracking.
* Has attained most or all of the attributes and behaviors of a Senior Software Developer or Tester.
* Leads a team working on significant and critical projects. Provides both technical and team leadership and mentoring.
* Responsible for delivering projects on budget, on time, to requirements, and with high quality.
* Responsible for gathering, evaluation, change, and tracking of project requirements through realization in production code. Coordinates with business to ensure requirements are sufficient for development tasks to proceed.
* Responsible for breaking work down into tasks; delegating tasks to appropriate resources; and managing task completion. Accepts and creates work estimates and completion status, and integrates them into schedules and project plans.
* Builds strong working relationships within team and with business partners. Coordinates work across teams or organizations as necessary to complete projects.
* Responsible for the well-being of the team, work performance, development, education, and training, maintaining standards of behavior, promoting mutual respect and dignity, and provide an example of behavior.
* Understands all phases of the company software development life cycle and how to apply the appropriate methodologies and processes to the situation at hand.
* May demonstrate industry leadership in technology, consortiums, or standards.
* Takes an active role in the hiring process, focused specifically on team development and needs. Responsible for performance evaluations of team members and assisting in the compensation process.
* Gives initial approval of paid time off and expense reports for team members.
* Should be competent presenting technical information to a range of audiences including non-technical audiences.
* Able to analyze and evaluate technical risks within the scope of a project and make judicious recommendations.
* Comfortable delegating to the appropriate resources.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* A minimum of 5 years in the application implementation arena; with specific focus in Product Lifecycle Management is a key factor for successful candidate.
* Proven project management experience
* Deep technical knowledge in JEE architecture and SDLC.
* Understanding of general database operation, especially Oracle RDBMS, is a plus.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org