Hiring a Jr. QA Engineer in Austin TX
Who wants to wait to get to the front of a crowded bar in order to pay your bill and leave? Our client solves that problem by providing a mobile payment app for restaurants and bars that allows you to pay your bill while you stroll out the door without having to wait. Pretty cool huh? Come apply and learn more as we are looking for a Jr. QA Emgineer
Our company is looking for a Junior QA to work with our QA team. You should be intensely curious about hospitality, company culture, mobile technologies and a desire to change the way consumers pay restaurant and bar tabs.
- Run tests to ensure that the program meets functional requirements, performance requirements, and are of high UI/UX standards.
- Must be able to self-direct test activities in a Scrum/Agile environment. He or she will participate in daily standup meetings and provide tangible, measurable deliverables to demonstrate progress.
- Participates in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, system and stress/load/performance testing.
- Develop and execute Test Plans, Test Cases, and Integration Tests (manual and automated).
- Ability to understand Linux, python and windows batch scripts and make changes to automation is a plus.
- Clearly communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to the team.
- If you lack any one or two of these skills you must be willing and able to learn.
Offices are fun casual and located on more relaxed end of Sixth Street. We’re within walking distance of the Whole Foods HQ, bars and ‘testing grounds’ on W. 6th and Zilker. We are ‘dog friendly’ and have weekly Friday in-office happy hours as well as Monday night team sand volleyball at Zilker Park!
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows/Linux (knowledge of virtualization technology is a plus)
- Good understanding of Network Testing
- Must be able to write and execute test plans/Test strategy
- Ability to analyze, isolate, describe and prioritize defects
- Ability to automate simple test cases using any scripting language
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 1+ years of experience in QA preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
Please send resumes to ted.richardson@parallerhr.