Hiring a QA director in North Salt Lake, UT
Our client, a rapidly growing, leading consumer advocacy firm, is looking for a QA Director. The position focuses on supporting end users working with a proprietary applications written in Java, PHP , C# with ties to a MySQL database and MS SQL. We are looking for a candidate with knowledge and understanding of Testing Methodologies and excellent verbal and written communication. The candidate will possess the desire and aptitude to improve our current systems, develop creative solutions, and work well in a dynamic team atmosphere.
- Lead and manage the QA Team, processes and tasks
- Test new and existing applications, scripts and web pages
- Troubleshoot and research customer and tech support issues
- Report and verify issues & bugs
- Provide recommendations for process improvements to the CIO
- 5-7 years management experience, leading an IT QA Team.
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on QA testing.
- Knowledge of the differences between client-side and server-side processes.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts.
- Knowledge of the differences between Business and Technical logic.
- Experience writing and executing test plans.
- Good SQL skills.
- Knowledge and experience of various testing methodologies.
- Knowledge on software testing skills in reports, ETLs, and data rich applications.
- Knowledge on complex analysis of business requirements and system specifications.
- Knowledge with the creation of test strategies, test plans, test scripts, executing tests and analyzing test results to support testing objectives.
- Knowledge with moderately complex test data conditioning, performance testing, regression testing and system testing.
- Knowledge on logging, tracking, and verifying resolution of software and specification defects.
- Test Automation experience/knowledge with Selenium and/or SoapUI
- Experience with big data systems and NoSQL databases
- Ability to prioritize testing based on risk analysis
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development environments
- Good problem solver, business solutions
- Detail oriented
- Organizational skills a must
- Ability to reprioritize issues and tasks in a fast paced changing environment
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication Skills
- Experience managing offshore resources
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical degree and 3+ years of experience or 5+ years of relevant work experience
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org