Hiring a Software Engineer in Midvale, UT
Our client, a pioneer in customer interaction and contact center software, is looking for a Front End Software Engineer.
Understands key server-side web development concepts through experiences such as:
- Creating visually appealing web pages or interfaces.
- Creating, editing or modifying templates for a web development framework.
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
Domain specific knowledge:
· Familiarity of HTML syntax for multiple specifications, including HTML 5.
· Knowledge of the semantic meaning of all HTML elements.
· Familiarity with the semantic markup for display of lists, tabular data, forms, articles, etc.
· Knowledge of markup used for layout such as dividers.
· Knowledge at the level to be able to hand-code markup.
· Including media and images.
· Specifying different CSS for various media, devices and displays.
· Best practices in CSS file organization and structure.
· Methods for including CSS inline, internal and external via linked style sheets.
· How to define, combine and group CSS selectors for HTML elements, ID, classes, pseudo classes, child or sibling.
· Syntax of CSS declarations, properties and attributes.
· CSS box model and methods for CSS positioning, absolute and relative.
· Knowledge of properties and attributes to control the display.
· Familiarity with differences in CSS 2 and CSS 3.
· Proficient with a CSS Preprocessor such as Sass or LESS.
· Best practices
· Methods to ensure browser & device compatibility
· File compression techniques for improving speed.
· Knowledge of the operators, variables, datatypes, objects, properties and methods.
· Familiarity with control structures such as objects, functions, conditional statements, arrays, loops and expressions.
· Forms and regular expression validation and submitting data.
· Knowledge of how to apply logical operators and conditional statements.
· Knowledge of the DOM HTML objects and their properties.
· Creating and controlling windows and dialogs.
· Processes for troubleshooting and debugging
· Familiarity with development and debugging tools for cross-browser issues.
· Knowledge of how to employ the jQuery library for visual effects, event handling, and document manipulation.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org