Hiring a Software QA in Arizona
We are currently seeking consultants for Contract to hire positions DIRECTLY with our client who is a major player in Banking and Finance Industry. These positions are based out of Phoenix, AZ.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer:
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class customer experiences across multiple channels, java services, and APIs. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to engineers on testing and Quality Assurance (QA) methodologies and processes
- Works with engineers to drive improvements in code quality via automated testing
- Responsible for managing the definition, implementation, and integration of quality principles into the design and development of software and IT processes
- Involved in the review of requirements specifications for weaknesses in function, performance, reliability, scalability, testability, usability, and security and compliance testing, and provides recommendations
- Responsible for developing manual and automated test cases and configurations needed to meet testing of business requirements
- Monitors and tracks resolution of defects, coordinating with engineers in order to prevent, report, and resolve
- Designs, monitors, and analyzes quality assurance metrics such as defect, defect counts, test results, and test status
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- This “rebel with a cause” looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- 3+ years of experience in IT, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
- Experience in Core Java
- Experience with web service and back-end service/API tools such as Soap Service, HTTPClient, SoapClient, jaws, jaxb etc.
- Ability to create to create testclient and service test framework using java for web services
- Ability to create java test utilities.
- Exposure to tools like Maven, Sub Version, Junit/TestNG, Eclipse/IntelliJ IDE, Jenkins
- Experience in white box (component ) testing
- Experience with Agile, other rapid application development methods, and Waterfall SDLC
- Experience in working with testing automation tools like JUnit, JMeter, Eclipse, Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver), H HP Load Runner, HP Quality Center and preparation of automation test framework
- Experience with coding skills across a variety of platforms (JAVA, HTML5, DB2, XML, and Mainframe Cobol) is a plus
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation is a plus
- Knowledge of web security and encryption technology is a plus
- Any of the following test certifications – QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, ISTQB – are a plus
- Experience with payments technology and industry is a plus
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org