Hiring a Sr. Build and Release Engineer in Midvale, UT
Our client, a pioneer in customer interaction and contact center software, is looking for a Sr. Build and Release Engineer (Corporate). The Sr. Build and Release Engineer (Corporate) is passionate about working in an agile group of engineers and thrives on the leading edge of application technology – with a particular knowledge in the areas of Team Foundation Server (TFS) administration, builds, continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD), and deployments. The Sr. Build and Release Engineer (Corporate) will be at the forefront of our client’s IT build and release initiatives as well as being in a position to influence, create and expand the current build and release environments. The Sr. Build and Release Engineer (Corporate) will influence and establish Disaster Recovery (DR) and High Availability (HA) policies within IT. The Sr. Build and Release Engineer (Corporate) will assist the development team and be relied upon to be a passionate advocate for effective and automated release methodologies.
This Is What You’ll Get To Do:
- You will manage all source, build, test, and deployment systems. You will also provide administration in TFS, Microsoft Release Management (RM), TFS Test Automation, etc.
- Design, create, and develop continuous integration and deployment plans and policies for RM, CI, and HA between multiple co-located sites, in clustered and non-clustered environments.
- Work with the latest technologies: Visual Studio, TFS, Release Management (RM), MSBuild, C#, .NET 4.5, MVC, etc.
- Develop and refine the Configuration Management Plan, Release Procedures, and the software promotion process.
- Coordinate the deployment of new releases of a complex, multi-tiered system across multiple development, test, and production environments.
- Manage build environment, and automate build, deployment and other configuration management tasks.
- Ensure the organization’s development processes are followed by teams developing and releasing software.
- Develop, enhance, and improve software as part of an agile team.
- Work with corporate development and infrastructure teams to resolve build, deployment, and release issues and communicate status/solutions to appropriate stakeholders.
- Responsible for ensuring quality deployment processes to production and non-production environments/systems.
Successful Candidates Will Have The Following:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, business Information Systems or related field Or, equivalent work/school experience.
- 5+ years experience in a related field
- 3+ years of experience as a Build or Release Engineer in an agile/scrum development environment
- Strong technical and communication skills as you will work closely with development teams and operations to create and improve build communication channels, processes, and procedures.
- Experience of deploying .NET Framework applications and components (WCF, ASP.NET, Windows services, etc.).
- Software build experience with continuous integration using MSBuild, TFS, Power Shell, and Release Management
- Strong Scripting and automation skills to build, automate, and deploy software.
- Experience of IIS and Windows administration and configuration.
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action, giving regard to the impact on other project teams, development partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to work with technical and nontechnical people
- Working knowledge of Agile development processes
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and excited to learn new technologies as needed
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical people
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Source code/branch management (i.e. merging code between branches), maintenance and configuration of build systems, and administration of Team Foundation Server and related
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Operating systems
- Experience implementing solutions with .NET framework
- Experience with programming languages C#, XML
- Experience with SQL Server and OO design
- Web deployment experience
- Some test automation experience
- Azure Experience
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org