Hiring a Sr. Director Channel & Vertical Marketing in Midvale, UT
Our client, a pioneer in customer interaction and contact center software, is looking for a Sr. Director Channel and Vertical Marketing. The Sr. Director Channel and Vertical Marketing accomplishes company growth objectives by planning, executing and measuring winning, world-class strategies and programs that enable our channel partners to successfully sell and market the client’s solutions. This position also creates programs that enable the client to successfully sell and market solutions to key industry verticals. Responsible for day-to-day management and delivery of results from a full spectrum of channel and vertical marketing activities, the Sr. Director Channel and Vertical Marketing will work closely with Channel, Vertical, and Field Sales and Product teams to ensure the right mix of programs and initiatives designed to support the client’s channel and vertical quarterly revenue objectives.?
This Is What You’ll Get To Do:
- Create and execute clearly defined long-term and short-term strategic marketing programs designed to support partners and key vertical sales channels that drive opportunities into the sales funnel.
- Gather feedback through direct interviews of channel partners and key vertical contacts to constantly improve the usefulness of our methods, tools, & resources.
- Work side-by-side with the client’s Channel Sales teams to drive greater partner engagement. Create and manage campaign playbooks, call scripts and offers to steadily increase sales’ satisfaction with marketing efforts. Likewise, partner with Vertical Sales to achieve the same objectives.
- Develop supporting collateral, presentations, sales tools and a full array of channel and vertical enablement materials that convey the value of the client’s solutions and make it easy for partners and vertical salespeople to identify and qualify opportunities.
- Advise and as necessary manage partner and vertical events. Create and direct follow up using integrated campaigns that increase event attendance and post-event engagement.
- Direct and craft lead nurturing programs and email templates for ‘trigger-based’ and drip communications that advance partner effectiveness and engage relevant vertical prospects.
- Facilitate team planning sessions with Channel Sales and Vertical Sales leadership teams to determine the right resources, events and other programs to drive channel and vertical engagement.
- Optimize budgets and show marketing’s contribution to bookings through weekly dashboards trending campaign effectiveness, prospect engagement, and funnel advancement.
- Work with Marketing Ops, Salesforce.com and Eloqua for executing campaigns and tracking results.
- Manage partner and vertical campaign direct report(s) to ensure partner and vertical engagement and maximize budget and effectiveness.
- Work closely with strategic partners to identify and prioritize joint marketing opportunities to grow revenue.
- Develop and manage ongoing partner and vertical communication programs including newsletters, webinars, and quarterly calls.
- Provide leadership to individuals on team(s) through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the department’s goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and firing, and professional development for the department.
Successful Candidates Will Have The Following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience required. MBA preferred.?
- 12+ years experience in high tech, b-to-b channel marketing required. Ability to effectively manage a heavy schedule of channel and vertical marketing programs, activities, and events.
- 5+ years experience managing or leading high performing teams.
- Experience in marketing a SaaS solutions a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and effective presentation capabilities.
- Proven business thinker with solid strategic skills and capacity to understand the business from a market and P&L perspective.
- Ability to work cross functionally with peer group of senior and executive leadership in order to achieve goals.
- Background or capabilities in people development, growth, and building a positive work culture through training, setting objectives and coaching.
- Expertise in campaign-based marketing, event management and demand generation programs. Experience enabling channel partners to do the same.
- Experience successfully customizing marketing programs to specific industry verticals.
- Excellent influencing and consensus-building skills.
- Experience with multiple partner sales models (VAR, Reseller, and Referral channels) a plus.
- Contact center market understanding a plus.
Experience with online campaign management systems such as Marketo or Eloqua preferred.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org