Hiring a Sr. Java Developer in Austin, TX
Our cutting edge client is a global mobile payments leader with a patent for their secure mobile wallet that they built on cloud based technology. They help nearly 2 billion people around the world, who carry mobile phones but do not have bank accounts, with a platform that provides alternative services at low affordable fees. If you are a Sr. Java Developer then apply here and be part of the mission. See additional details below and apply!
This opening is for a Senior Java Developer The team works in 2-week iterative development cycles with the goal of completing potentially shippable software each sprint. The team is hoping to find a candidate who has spent approximately 7+ years developing java applications with experience with highly scalable architectures.
Cool things you will be working on:
- Working together with a team in agile estimating and planning sessions.
- Owning individual tasks ownership and collective codes.
- Performing automated testing and deployment that are essential to our vision of producing quality software.
- Occasionally pair programming on the difficult problems and for mentoring purposes to help share knowledge with each other and help the team improve.
- Participating in informal, just-in-time discussions about the direction of development and the system’s architecture.
- Working closely with the platform’s product owner to determine the specifics of the features being developed.
- Reviewing and demoing newly built features every sprint.
- Participating in regular sprint retrospectives to discover new ways to improve.
Cool things you will bring to the team:
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who wants to write the best code of their life and reap the rewards. We want someone who is passionate about writing quality code with the big picture of the team, the system, and the business in mind. Specifically, the ideal candidate is comfortable utilizing the message broker pattern and has some real time funds transfer experience, understanding the concepts of transaction integrity and transaction recovery. This candidate is strong enough to be an architect, but loves coding enough to keep their hands dirty. This person also has a deep appreciation for the work that the team does together. This candidate is happy teaching and nurturing junior developers. This person understands that when a single team member is blocked, the entire team suffers.
The following are must haves:
- 5 years experience building and maintaining financial transaction systems
- Understanding of the architecture required for robust mobile ecosystems
- Experience with the following: Java Spring, Core, Integration, Web Services, MVC, SOAP Web Services, XSD, WSDL, XML, Hibernate / JPA, Continuous Integration – Bamboo, Junit, TestNG, SoapUI, Eclipse, Atlassian Tools, Jira, Confluence, FishEye, Crucible, Bamboo, Postgres, Liquibase, Git, Maven, Scrum
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
Please send resume to email@example.com