Hiring a Sr. Software Engineer Cloud Data in Columbus, OH
Our client, a pioneer in customer interaction and contact center software, is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer (Cloud Data).
The Sr. Software Engineer designs, develops, tests and maintains the client’s cloud data platform. Key responsibilities include all tiers of the client’s technology, including (but not limited to) design and development of the client’s cloud data platform, unit testing, code reviews, resolving defects encountered during the QA cycle, supporting the production environment, and advocating for the data architecture within an agile development processes.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Work as a member of an agile team to enhance and improve software written in one or more of the following languages: C#, ASP.NET, Flex/ActionScript, C++
- Design and present projects to improve current process and overall platform.
- Code and test projects.
- Manage time effectively working on one or more concurrent projects.
- Deliver high-quality software on time.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Works with system analysis and product management for the successful completion of a project.
- Leads team or mentors other developers as needed.
- Provides critical technical capabilities to the team and evangelizes those skills to others.
- Functions as a Technical or Team Lead as needed.
To Land This Gig You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- 6+ years experience in software development
- Well established technical problem-solving skills
- Expertise with SQL, NoSQL/Document, Triple Store, and/or Graph databases
- Experienced with Multi-tenancy and Cloud based data storage
- Experienced with large-scale, big data paradigms such as Map Reduce and Graph Computing
- Familiarity with developing Cloud Technologies (Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure)
- Knowledgeable about cloud data storage and messaging patterns
- Experienced developing normalized OLTP and OLAP databases
- Experienced with ETL, batch processing, replication, and streaming data.
- Working experience with C# and/or .NET languages
- Working knowledge of unit testing or TDD
- Desire to work in a fast past environment