Hiring a Systems Analyst ll in Richmond, VA
October 22nd, 2015
Our client, a global leader in healthcare records analytics and systems, is looking for a Systems Analyst II.
- Position requires a bachelor’s degree typically in Computer Science and 6 to 8 years of relevant experience.
- 4 + years Programming experience using SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, and a scripting language
- 5 + years’ experience with the Microsoft office suite of products; experience with Word, Excel, and Access preferred
- 4 + years’ experience dealing with multi-terabyte data warehousing environment, OLAP and decision support tools a plus
- 4 + years ETL (Oracle SQL Loader, Microsoft SQL DTS Packages, etc.)
- Experience in healthcare or health insurance industry.
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to work independently and balance daily operations and projects
- Knowledge and awareness of standard IT practices for quality control and audit trails
- Low to Midlevel programming skills with a 3rd generation programming language
- Ability to create functional specifications consumable by software developers
- Customer service orientated with strong communication skills
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations/intent
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Report development experience (i.e. MS Access, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Cognos.)
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Tool Development: Supports and extends a wide variety of internal and external tools used within the client’s service model.
- Analytics: Uses analytical and development skills in mining a multi-terabyte environment for opportunities in furthering the detection of errors and abuse in client integrations. Uses assessment skills to research and analyze the business opportunities of the clients; making reasoned decisions after assessing the circumstances, and then provides recommendations along with risks and issues involved with each alternative to clients.
- Sales Support: Works with potential clients in a pre-sales environment to define requirements, processing clients’ data, and work with sales staff to present analytics and product results.
- Requirements capture and analysis: Works with clients, consultants, vendors, and internal development and operations staff to develop implementation requirements. Models processing workflows and provides data integrations using leading edge integration technologies.
- Systems: Works with internal/development staff to resolve system fixes/updates and customer requests and issues. Uses healthcare domain expertise to provide suggestions for product enhancements and future version development. Provides direction in customer configuration requirements, work plan development, and programming requirements to ensure product service meets market requirements and implementation needs.
- Operational Support: Provide on-call support for a shift time period in a 24×7 environment on a rotational basis. Typically every 4-6 weeks.
- Integration Support: Documents, implements, oversees and tests the successful integration of the client’s services. Participates in processing of client data and presentation of findings to client. Helps to coordinate scheduling of the preparation and integration of client data into the production environment with internal groups.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org