Hiring a Systems Architect in Salt Lake City, UT
Our client, a leading healthcare records and analytics provider, is looking for a Systems Architect. In this high level architecture role, you will define and deliver system architectures that support the line of business objectives.
- Gather, analyze and fully understand business requirements, produce system design documentation, and quickly produce high-quality code and prototypes within the specified architecture.
- Prescribe and document basic system components which meet the user’s requirements, which may include the programming language to use, the type of RDBMS, hardware platform and operating system, and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software to be used.
- Assist in providing lifecycle support, work with IT support personnel to solve common problems, and enhance availability and content of designated applications.
- Provide technical leadership on multiple development efforts through the full SDLC in a specific line of business.
- Successfully develop complex applications with responsibility for the analysis, design, development and maintenance of a variety of applications, creating test plans, test cases/scripts, and testing tools.
- Support the architecture team in facilitating consensus on the proper level and pace of change and integration of technologies, while staying current on changing business and technological environments.
- Serve as a mentor to architects, technical leads and developers alike.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field or equivalent; Master’s preferred.
- 10+ years related software development experience.
- Deep expertise in several of the following technology areas: Microsoft .NET, J2EE, MSSQL, Oracle, Hadoop, Microsoft Windows, and Unix/Linux.
- Ability to translate the environments into blue prints to lead the migration to new environments.
- Ability to help resolve various architectural links and technology choices in the challenge of building the model.
- Ability to strike a balance between strategic integration issues and urgent business needs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to evaluate tools and technologies beyond direct areas of experience.
- Advanced understanding of several software and hardware technologies.
- Must possess demonstrated technical expertise in a team development environment with focus on identifying and evangelizing software quality and reuse.
- Demonstrated agile developer skills in acceptance testing, simple design, refactoring, continuous integration, and coding standards/ implementation patterns.
- Expertise in prescribing and sizing both hardware and software aspects for several of the following systems: GIS, Mobile, RDBMS, BRMS/Rules, SAN, RAID, and Unix/Linux.
- Broad, hands-on technical background, with knowledge of IP Networking, telephony, platform system administration (including Active Directory), storage technologies (NAS/SAN), virtualization, relational databases and layered software services such as system monitoring, scheduling, backup/recovery, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve positive results with minimal supervision.