Hiring an Epic Inpatient (Orders) Analyst in New York, NY
Our client has an opportunity for an experienced Epic Analyst to collaborate on all aspects of the implementation of their Inpatient Clinical System module. As a key member of the Information Technology Department, the EpicCare Inpatient (Orders) Analyst will serve as a vital liaison between the department, hospital departments, physician’s offices and Epic representatives.
- Responsible for in-depth knowledge of assigned Epic System software.
- Conduct regular day-to-day communication, reviews the software, demonstrates a deeper understanding of business operations, and works with Epic, the Project Team(s), HSS Business Representatives/Subject Matter Experts, and end users to tailor the system to fit the organization’s needs.
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with the use of Epic software
- Responsible for developing and documenting the internal procedures that will be used in conjunction with Epic applications; and will design, build, test, install and maintain those solutions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organization’s Core Values and incorporate them into the performance of duties.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organization’ Service Standards and incorporate them into the performance of duties.
- Work with Application Managers/Directors/etc. and the entire Project Team, to collect, analyze and document business operations and workflow.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner with accurate documentation.
- Collaborate effectively with Epic using Sherlock or other appropriate tools.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues to achieve the completion of tasks.
- Troubleshoot problems and address questions from users, and provide on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Review and test changes, enhancements, and each new release as assigned.
- With support, create, review, and update test scripts to reflect proposed workflow solutions.
- Analyze data conversion needs.
- Support the training team by keeping trainers abreast of new functionality and system changes. Perform application training functions, as assigned
- Communicate effectively across all impacted teams associated with task assignments.
- Analyze new functionality in new releases to identify impact.
- Develop an understanding of interface requirements and testing.
- Provide assigned on-site support during go-lives and system upgrades.
- Assist with all quality assurance processes, including change management and testing efforts.
- Actively participate and contribute in meetings as assigned.
- Participate in disaster recovery measures.
- Create reports and extracts, as necessary.
- Epic Inpatient Orders Required
- Epic Inpatient ClinDoc certification strongly desired
- Reporting Workbench Reporting experience strongly desired
- Effective oral, written communication and follow-up skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong desktop tool usage including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, problem solver
- Relevant experience and BA/BS Degree or equivalent
- EMR/RC Implementation and/or support experience
- Epic experience preferred
- Advanced degree or clinical certification preferred
- Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Position may require flexible work schedule, including night and weekend support of major implementations or major system support efforts. Includes on-call rotation.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org