Hiring for a Systems Engineer in Farmington, UT
Our client is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer with experience in AWS, Automation, Log Management (LogRhythm), monitoring, infrastructure orchestration, configuration management.
If you like all aspects of systems administration of core web servers including: deployment, configuration, administration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Linux compute, logs, storage, security, and networking servers, and network attached appliances then you need to apply today. Further responsibilities include researching, documentation, and project-oriented tasks. The candidate must have proven experience and must be comfortable working closely with other engineers and security personnel as well as maintain professionalism while under pressure.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist/Lead on Configuring, designing, and troubleshooting key applications in a timely manner, such as: AWS, LogRhytm, Zerto, Nagios, Nessus and Power Broker.
· Identify, remediate, and document all events that negatively impact business.
· Create process changes to avoid recurrence or document correct action as required.
· Identify single points of failure in the server environment and assist in strategy to minimize or eliminate.
· Capitalize on opportunities to contribute- integrate ideas and collaborate well with others.
· Take on new projects to research, test, prove, and implement new ideas and solutions.
· Experienced with AWS infrastructure (EC2, SES, S3, RDS, VPC, OpsWorks).
· Experienced with logging (capturing, reporting, alerting) from variety of devices (switches, firewalls, AD, Servers etc). Experience with LogRhythm a plus.
· Strong understanding and best practice on web hosting including supporting sites that are built on variety of platforms such as PHP, Ruby, Drupal, Magento, Angular, Word Press, Ubuntu, Linux, Apache2.
· Experienced with working in MySQL, SQL and Mongo Databases.
· Experienced with working in the command line including shell scripting.
· Experienced with the following technologies: Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows Server.
· Experienced in automation procedures in regards to web hosting / code deploys
· Strong understanding of GitLab and GitHub
· Strong ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
· Strong ability to effectively learn new products/software suites.
· Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
· Automation experience with tools such as Chef, Salt, or Juju a plus
· Experienced in or strong understanding of any of the following: PCI/ISO 27001/2, HIPPA Compliance in relation to all aspects of local network, web hosting and databases a plus.
· VMware experience a plus
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org